Undoubtedly, chicken is my favorite protein. Most of us Filipino like chicken – chicken adobo, pininyahang manok, roast chicken, chicken curry – the list goes on and on.For me, I have one very simple dish that I would always cook for myself if I have cravings. It’s called Grilled Chicken Bruschetta. A bruschetta dish should basically have basil, tomatoes and cheese. It is usually put on top of french bread as an appetizer dish. Today I will share to you how to cook chicken breast bruschetta. Let’s start! :’)So what you will need are:
- Boneless chicken breasts (as many as you want)
- Tomatoes and tomato juice
- Quick-melt cheese
- Basil leaves (dried)
- Pepper, salt or just anything you want to add for flavor
What you need to do is really easy:
- Marinate the chicken breasts in tomato juice and pepper, and set it aside for a good 15-20minutes.
- While waiting for the chicken, prepare slices of tomatoes and grill them. Chopped it in small pieces and set aside.
- Then in a grilling pan covered with aluminum foil, lay your breasts in neat rows. Yes I mean chicken breasts. Grill the chicken until cooked. For presentation’s purpose, be consistent with the grill lines on the meat. :’)
- Top it with the chopped tomatoes you grilled earlier. Put basil leaves. You can add salt if you want. And then shred quickmelt cheese all over it.
- Now just wait for a minute more for the cheese to melt and viola! Your grilled chicken bruschetta is ready!
If you don’t have time for grilling, you can also pan-seared the chicken breast and have a pan-seared chicken bruschetta instead, like this one:
The difference between pan-frying and pan-searing is that when you fry your food, you need oil or fat to cook it in a pan or a skillet while pan-searing would only need a dry pan, preferrable non-stick pan. In searing, you lock in more flavor as the juice of the meat creates a crust on the outer layer.