I was feeling a little down when I woke up yesterday. But my mood instantly shifted from gloomy to happies when I ate two Oreo cookies ( an officemate was sharing his Strawberry-filled Oreos to everyone! ). That’s how magical Oreo can be.
So here’s some facts about Oreo ( these would probably be useless but I’ll post it anyway hahaha ):
- There are different theories as to where the name Oreo came from. Some says it was originally from a Greek word orexin meaning appetizing, oros meaning mountain ( as the original oreo cookies were mound shape ) or oreo (o-ra-yo) meaning good.
- But what’s sure is that Oreo was first called Oreo Biscuit. Then the name was changed to Oreo Sandwich ( 1921 ), then to Oreo Creme Sandwich ( 1948 ) and Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookie ( 19 74 ). Well, that is if you trust Wikipedia Hahaha
- The 345 Billion oreo cookies could fill up the world’s largest freight trains ( consisting of 660 freight cars ) 45 times, could reach the moon and back ( five times! ) if you stack them up, and could circumnavigated the world 381 times at the equator.
- There are twelve flowers on the cookie’s floral design, on each side. And yes, I actually look at it and counted.
- Oreo is made of awesome. And magic.